A dream written down is a goal. A goal broken down into steps is a plan.
That said, at the start of 2013, I turned 3 of my dreams into goals, and began taking the steps to make them happen. They were:
1. Run parkrun (5km) in under 21 minutes
2. Make it to the finish line of the 2 ultramarathons that I had entered (6 Foot Track and Wild Endurance)
3. Qualify for the Boston Marathon
5 months in to 2013, I am pleased to say I can cross them all off the list. But that leaves me with no more list. So I guess it could be time to set a couple more goals for the remainder of 2013…
1. Complete 10 Marathons by the end of the year (7 down, 3 to go!)
2. Actually gain an entry into the Boston Marathon
3. Do a half marathon PB (This could be hard, since my main focus is the marathon)
4. Beat last year’s time in the Fernleigh 15
I would love to add ‘ run under 20 min for a 5k’ but I think that might be a little lofty, considering my focus is more on the endurance side of things.
it’s going to be a long wait for me until the Boston Marathon entries open for next year.